Let's look back, it does good! (2015)

This year has been one of MY years. 5 and 15 are those numbers that apparently brought me luck since I can remember, you know those superstitions. I don't remember what happened in 2005 (might ask my Grandma for this :D), but I will certainly remember all my life what happened in the freaking 2015, the best year of my life up to this moment!

January was a huge step forward. I have proven myself that people are not what you hear about them; people are only what they are and how they behave. I started the driving school, and later I found that I have passed the so-much-desired-and-worked-for Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English; the door-opening diploma, the one thanks to which I could freely join a foreign University. I had my second serious interview of my life: I wanted to volunteer for an NGO in my hometown. I donated blood for the first time.

February has brought me a position in the NGO: I was going to do PR and translations for the next (at least) 6 months; something new, something I knew NOTHING about, but something that was somehow connected to my high-school study programme. February has come with emotional strength and power, and with my dream that started to take shape: I have begun to thoroughly look for accommodation for the adventure of my life I started later, in August.

March has come with the first preparations for the end of the year. I felt, for the first time, that all this journey named high-school is soon coming to an end. At the same time, I started to count the months until my one-way departure. Romania announced its song for ESC 2015, and I have never been happier with the choice than I was this year! (Maybe in 2010, we had a great song too)

In April I literally got my CAE diploma. In my hands. April has been peaceful. As peaceful as the month before the month that put an end to the high-school can be. April let me breathe. April gave me thousands of daydreams that made my heart race and my blood move. I made a day-trip to Bucharest.

 May meant ending. Prom, graduation fête, a last hangout with classmates. The last classes, the last term-papers, the last literature essays, and the last lessons I have been listened about in front of the class. May meant serious preparations for the bright future I was about to step into.



June gave me plenty of time to prepare; mentally and technically for the finals; documents for my departure. A lot of running around, a lot of mistakes and worries, a lot of 'aha!' moments, a lot of relief afterwards. A lot of self-awareness and personal development. I cared about myself more than ever. The final day-to-day countdown has begun this month, also because I finally found accommodation in Breda.


July was filled with a wide range of emotions, from anxiety to carelessness, from excitement to disappointment and impatience. 3 successful school exams, a successful driving theoretical exam, and two new friendships, which announced themselves as some strong ones. Another trip to Bucharest. I also got the high-school diploma in my hands, my final documents sent, and my final letter of unconditional admission to NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences. I also gave up the volunteer position.

August has been THE month: absolute happiness, abundant love and constant changes. I made time to see all the people that cared enough to tell me "Let's hang out before you leave!"; I have been to the countryside to see my great-grandmother (after a break of a few years); I have been to Tulcea, and then to the seaside for the last time this year, to see my dad, my relatives and my friends there. I finished all the businesses I had to finish in order to make my departure smooth and lacking regrets. I got the final documents needed, including my driver's license. I gave birth to the #100happydaysabroad Instagram project (more about what this project meant to me you can read here). And I finally moved abroad; I fulfilled one of my dreams! I let myself be amazed by the Western lifestyle, the cultural boom, my Uni, and the first flight I took alone. Oh, and I learnt how to ride a bike.

September brought me dozens of new people, plenty of adrenaline and emotions, a lot of impatience. New people, new language (first class of my Uni life was English, though), new learning and teaching styles, new subjects, new roles. I met people from many countries (Netherlands, Turkey, Finland, Estonia, New Zealand, China, Bulgaria, Germany, Aruba, Luxembourg, France, UK, Italy, USA...). I met the best people I could ever meet, the most helpful colleagues, the nicest neighbours, and the happiest citizens. Also, my old phone got broken, and I have lost everything: notes, stories, contacts, photos, music; a sign that I needed to start everything from zero, to detach from the past and to build a better and healthier future, for the sake of my sanity. Close to the end of the month, I got my first job.

October involved the first theoretical and practical exams, which I passed with flying colours, and the first finished and passed group project. We had a field trip to Zeeland, we got accustomed with each other within the class more and more; we got to know, understand, and even like each other.

November just made the academic work go further. I put an end to my first job. And as I am courageous enough to not stay in a place for too long, I strongly considered applying for an exchange programme; too bad I'm only in the first year, but time flies fast. 3rd year, here I come!

 
December ended the amazing year of 2015. Uiteten with the project group (aka best bitches ever) for my birthday, then a sleepover at my dearest friends. I used the Dutch public transport for the first time (which is quite a milestone if you think that I considered my life started from zero). Feestjes/fissa's with my classmates, more sleepovers with my dearest friends, a mini-trip to Rotterdam's outskirts and then to Zeeland, one hell of a great Christmas, and the chill-est New Year's party I ever had. And no, I haven't gone back in Romania for the winter break.

2015 took much away from me, but brought me more. It brought me what I needed and what I wished for. Great stories compressed in one single year. And here's to many more!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Parul roscat, sau cum nu poti scapa de el

Syoss si experientele mele homemade

Syoss si experientele mele homemade, part 2 [invitat special: decolorantul Palette]